Job Role: Infrastructure & Support
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, Greater London
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 pa
Start Date: 08/05/2019
Job Reference: MM-00001775
Infrastructure Support Engineer – HFT – London. Miller Maxwell is working with an established High Frequency Trading organisation seeking to hire an Infrastructure Support Engineer with experience of Linux, systems scripting (Python/Bash/Shell considered) and Windows infrastructure support experience for their expanding team in London. The High Frequency Trading organisation is regarded as one of the best performing HFT’s on a global basis. The IT Support Engineer will join an expanding front-office technical support and development team in London.
The Infrastructure Support Engineer will:
- Work with front-office teams – Quant, Research, Trading departments to improve trading experience Support, monitor and automate business critical trading applications
- Deploy and support custom and monitoring applications for low-latency, high-frequency real-time trading
- Configure and support IT infrastructure across the business which will include; desktops, networks and servers.
- Monitor and suggest ways to improve latency
- Work with developers to optimise trading systems
The Infrastructure Support Engineer will need:
- A degree in a STEM related subject
- Experience within Windows and Linux environments
- Scripting/Automation experience – Powershell, Python, Perl, Bash or Shell scripting considered
- Windows Server support experience
- Financial market knowledge is required for this position
- Experience configuring, monitoring and support of business-critical systems
The Infrastructure Support Engineer will become an influential member of the team to help and improve their proprietary, high frequency trading operations in London. The client operates a dynamic/entrepreneurial casual working environment. Their investment in technology and scientific research has kept them at the top of their field. It is encouraged by the management to research and implement new ideas.