Job Role: Development & Programming
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, England
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000 pa
Start Date: 08/07/2019
Job Reference: MM-00001856
Python Data Engineer - London based data-driven financial trading company that operate within the algorithmic trading space seeks a Python Data Engineer to join a Data and DevOps engineering team. The team work closely with software engineers, data scientists and analytics teams to implement event driven analytics solutions. An ideal candidate for the business would be an individual that is deeply passionate about working with high quality, well-structured databases, well-documented data, resilient data pipes leveraging the latest technology and methods available.
The Python Data Engineer will:
- Assist with the growth and development of their core platform
- Work with engineering, data science and analytics teams across the business
- Work with stakeholders to under business strategy and proactively source data to support this strategy.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipelines
- Contribute to the team by sharing new ideas and technologies
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
The Python Data Engineer will have:
- Proven Python Development experience
- Numpy / Pandas experience
- Data driven architecture experience
- Solid scripting experience – Linux -Bash
- Knowledge of data storage formats such as Avrom, ORC, Parquet
- Interest or experience of cloud computing – AWS
The client is looking for high performing individuals, and offer competitive base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus, generous benefits package.