Job Role: Infrastructure & Support
Job Type: Full time
Location: London, Greater London
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 pa
Start Date: 16/08/2019
Job Reference: MM-00001879
Application Support Analyst – Unix, Perl, Python. Miller Maxwell is working with an established, growing and technology driven Financial Trading Exchange delivering a unique platform with top-tier performance and high reliability at the cutting-edge of trading technology. The Application Support Analyst will support a cutting-edge real-time trading platform, as well as develop automated tools for low-latency equities trading platform. Opportunity to work in a duel support and DevOps focussed role working with highly experienced developers, testers and experienced management team.
The Application Support Analyst will:
- Support real-time trading platform in a live trading environment
- Support mission critical Unix based system
- Be responsible for design and deployment of in-house developed applications
- Plan, test and track production changes
- Automation using Bash, Python or Perl
- Trading platform monitoring, system troubleshooting, recovery and root cause analysis
- Unix system analysis
- Support surrounding network infrastructure
- Work closely with development and testing teams.
The Application Support Analyst will need to have:
- Proven Unix knowledge
- Strong scripting experience using Bash, Python or Perl
- Networking experience – TCP/IP, Multicasting, UDP
- Basic SQL experience
- Experience with Unix monitoring tools – Nagios, Opsview
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Experience working within a live production environment.
The financial Exchange is a highly reputable MTF with a reputation for technology innovation, investment in staff and career development. Their low-latency exchange is award winning and highly regarded in the market. The Application Support Analyst to gain DevOps skills as the team expands.