Job Role: Development & Programming
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cheapside, London
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 pa
Start Date: 13/03/2020
Job Reference: MM-00002075
Java Software Engineer – London. Miller Maxwell is assisting a Global provider of real-time trading solutions seeking to hire a Java Software Engineer. The individual will define, develop, test, analyse, and maintain the n-tier distributed applications against defined interfaces in support of business requirements. The products are high performance, web and server-based applications used by blue-chip clients on a global basis. The client is a world known leader in their field, the Java Software Engineer will have the scope to work closely with clients to improve applications and enhance their knowledge of the trading sector.
Java Software Engineer role overview:
- Developing code, testing, and analysing technical objects within the application in support of the business function.
- Look forward at upcoming work versus resource and engage in forward planning as part of the team.
- Coordinate work efforts with the QA and Operations teams for application change controls and identify system performance issues.
- Analyse key performance indicators, liaise with Operations, cross function application teams to identify bottleneck and make improvements
Java Software Engineer skills required:
- Proven experience of software development full life-cycle.
- Significant experience of development using Java.
- Strong analytical skills for troubleshooting and diagnostic
- Ability to suggest/research new technologies, and quickly adapt to change
- Ability to work with both Technical Architects and Product Owners in order to build to specification
- Low Latency financial market data systems desirable experience but not essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Java Software Engineer to become part of a growing market provider who is constantly growing worldwide.