Job Role: Infrastructure & Support
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Bexley, Bexley
Salary: £85,000 - £120,000 pa
Start Date: 27/04/2020
Job Reference: MM-00002086
Network Engineer – Low-Latency - BGP – OSPF – Multicasting – Cisco – London. Low-Latency networking experience is a requirement for this position, unfortunately individuals without experience of latency improvement will not be considered by the client. A high frequency trading provider and market maker seeks to hire a Network Engineer to join a high performance, low latency networking team in London. The Network Engineer will join a small team responsible for all low-latency networking across the business. Exciting, Dynamic and highly visible team within this business and they do require an individual that does have low-latency experience.
The Network Engineer will:
- Work as part of a small global network team monitoring and troubleshooting low latency network environments across several continents.
- Provide 3rd level support for network technologies.
- Involved in research new networking tools and processes to improve latency.
- Analyse and troubleshoot network performance issues.
- Provide market and exchange connectivity support.
- Work closely with development, data centre and projects teams.
The Network Engineer will have:
- Experience of low-latency network engineering.
- Experience of client-server architecture and network design.
- Experience working with high performance networking.
- Experience liaising with traders and technology staff.
- Solid Cisco experience.
- Knowledge of networking protocols – OSPF – BGP – MSDP – PIM.
- Experience with Multicasting.
- Experience working within Unix / Linux environments.
- Knowledge of network design and network automation.
- Experience with VPNs.
This proprietary trading business is at the forefront of low-latency algorithmic trading and is renowned for offering extensive training and career development. The environment is complex and exciting which will give the Network Engineer exposure to working with an innovative technology stack and key projects starting in 2021. The Network Engineer Benefits package is excellent, this includes: Superb bonus, private medical insurance, contributory pension, free gym membership, 25 days holiday, free breakfast and lunch.