Job Role: Infrastructure & Support
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cheapside, London
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 pa
Start Date: 27/04/2020
Job Reference: MM-00002088
Infrastructure Engineer – Linux – VMWare – – London. Global Asset Manager with over £800 billion under management seeks to expand their infrastructure and engineering team with a view to hiring an Infrastructure Engineer. The team has been tasked with process automation and cloud adoption so will see the successful individual working on several infrastructure projects ongoing and starting late in Q3 2020.
The Infrastructure Engineer will:
- Manage and be an escalation point for 3rd Level IT Infrastructure issues.
- Work closely with department heads and front-office users to resolve 3rd level infrastructure related issues.
- Linux Server Support.
- Support and implement VMWare.
- Performance tuning and optimisation.
- Clustering, high availability and load balancing.
- Report to senior stakeholders with IT usage reports and recommend IT Infrastructure improvements.
- Be part of an on-call rota system.
- Work closely with Data Centre teams to improve data centre environment.
- Work closely with 3rd party vendors to replace and improve IT hardware infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Engineer will have:
- At least 5 years infrastructure Support experience,
- Linux Server support experience.
- Configuration and maintenance web servers – Apache, MySQL
- VMWare Experience.
- TCP/IP Networking and routing skills
- Monitoring Tools experience such as Nagios / Solarwinds
- PowerShell experience – highly beneficial.
The client seeks an IT Infrastructure Engineer that can bring new ideas and research new technology that will improve their IT Infrastructure environments across the business. The Infrastructure Engineer excellent scope to lead projects, work on valuable automation and cloud-based projects.