Job Role: Infrastructure & Support
Job Type: Permanent
Location: The City, London
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000 pa
Start Date: 30/06/2020
Job Reference: MM-00002098
Desktop Support Engineer – Windows – Linux – London. Interviews to be conducted via video conference, working from home, then position based from office in City of London once government restrictions are eased. A Leading Financial Services Group seeks to hire a Desktop Support Engineer for their infrastructure team. Supporting 2000 users across the business, the Desktop Support Engineer will provide 2nd line support for all desktop related software and hardware, whilst providing basic networking and project-based support for new initiatives starting later in 2020.
The Desktop Support Engineer will:
- Work with front-office, middle and back-office teams across the business providing desktop support for applications, software, and hardware.
- Windows 7 and Windows 10 support.
- At present email and telephone-based support is being undertake, once government restrictions and safe working conditions are in place further desktop support will be undertaken.
- Active Directory administration, Disaster Recovery testing, VMWare support.
- Basic network support – patching, network cable support.
- Monitor and suggest ways to improve user experience.
- Market data support – Bloomberg.
The Desktop Support Engineer will need:
- At least three years commercial desktop support experience.
- Commercial Windows 7 and Windows 10 experience.
- Hardware and software support experience.
- Active Directory experience.
- Disaster Recovery testing experience.
- VMWare experience – Is required.
- SCCM experience – Is required.
- Market data support experience – Bloomberg is required.
- Experience configuring, monitoring and support of business-critical systems ideally within the financial services sector.
The Desktop Support Engineer will become an influential member of the team to help and improve infrastructure and desktop support across the business. The Financial Services organisation have a number of infrastructure based projects the Desktop Support Engineer will be part of.