Job Role: Infrastructure & Support
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, Greater London
Salary: £70,000 - £90,000 pa
Start Date: 21/07/2020
Job Reference: MM-00002108
IT Operations Engineer – London. Miller Maxwell has been approached by US based proprietary trading house expanding into the European markets. The proprietary trading house was established in 1999 and is at the forefront quantitative trading across global financial markets. The IT Operations Engineer will join an expanding front-office technical support and development team in London.
The IT Operations Engineer will:
- Deploy and support custom and monitoring applications for low-latency, high-frequency real-time trading
- Work with front-office teams – Quant, Research, Trading departments to improve trading experience
- Support, monitor and automate business critical trading applications
- Configure and deploy proprietary trading applications
- Monitor and suggest ways to improve WAN latency
- Work with developers to optimise trading systems
The IT Operations Engineer will need:
- A degree in a mathematical, Computing or Finance related subject.
- Experience with Linux and/or Windows Operating systems
- General financial markets experience required – Derivatives, Equities, FX or Fixed Income
- Trade Support experience – Ability to work with front-office users
- Experience configuring, monitoring and support of trading software.
- Knowledge of Python, C#, C++ - beneficial.
The IT Operations Engineer will become an influential member of the team to help and improve their proprietary, high frequency trading operations in London. The client operates a dynamic/entrepreneurial casual working environment. Their investment in technology and scientific research has kept them at the top of their field. It is encouraged by the management to research and implement new ideas