Job Role: Infrastructure & Support
Job Type: Contract
Location: London, London
Salary: £250 - £300 pd
Start Date: 23/07/2020
Job Reference: MM-00002114
Desktop Support Specialist - 6 month contract position - Outside IR35 -This will be based remotely, with a view to being office based later in 2020. Bloomberg - Windows 7- Windows 10 - AD, VMWare - (Financial Services experience is required for this position) - London. Interviews to be conducted via video conference. A Leading Financial Services Group seeks to hire a Desktop Support Specialist for their infrastructure team. Supporting 500 users across the business, the Desktop Support Specialist will provide 2nd line support for all desktop related software and hardware, whilst providing basic networking and project-based support for new initiatives starting later in 2020.
The Desktop Support Specialist will:
- Work with front-office, middle and back-office departments across the business providing desktop support for software, and hardware. Some software applications will also be suopported.
- Windows 7 and Windows 10 support.
- At present email and telephone-based support is being undertake, once government restrictions and safe working conditions are in place further onsite desktop support will be undertaken.
- Active Directory administration, Disaster Recovery testing, and VMWare based support.
- Basic network support will be undertaken.
- Monitor and suggest ways to improve user experience.
- Market data support – Bloomberg.
- Be available for shift based rota: 7:00am - 6:00pm - rotated across Desktop Services team.
The Desktop Support Specialist will need:
- At least five years commercial desktop support experience.
- Market data support experience – Bloomberg is required.
- Commercial Windows 7 and Windows 10 experience.
- Hardware and software support experience.
- Active Directory experience.
- Disaster Recovery testing experience.
- VMWare experience – Is required.
- SCCM experience – Is required.
- Experience configuring, monitoring and support of business-critical systems ideally within the financial services sector.
The Desktop Support Specialist will become an influential member of the team to help and improve infrastructure and desktop support across the business. The Financial Services organisation have a number of infrastructure based projects the Desktop Support Engineer will be part of.