Job Role: Infrastructure & Support
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, United Kingdom
Salary: £70,000 - £120,000 pa
Start Date: 30/10/2020
Job Reference: MM-00002188
Senior Network Engineer – Financial Services - Network automation - Python - Multicasting – Switching - BGP - OSPF – London. A leading provide of low-latency exchange based connectivity solutions seeks to hire a Senior Network Engineer for their team. The position will see the successful Network Engineer working closely with engineering teams to deliver complex infrastructure architecture, there are several key network architectural projects starting in Q4 2020 that will move into 2021 that the Senior Network Engineer will be part of.
The Senior Network Engineer will:
- Work as part of a global network team monitoring and troubleshooting low latency network environments.
- Take a lead role with Several Network architectural projects.
- Be a key escalation point for complex NOC issues.
- 3rd level support for network technologies
- Design and implement network and security based solutions as part of this global team
- Analyse and troubleshoot network performance issues
- Work closely with development, data centre and projects teams
The Senior Network Engineer will have:
- Experience working within financial services is required
- Experience working for: Brokerage, Electronic Exchange, Electronic Trading, FinTech Hedge Fund, Investment Banking, Proprietary trading or Wealth Management type organisation.
- Hold CCNA or CCIE certifications - or experience to this level.
- Experience of client-server architecture and design.
- Proven Multicasting
- Experience of BGP - OSPF
- L2 Switching / L3 Routing technologies
- Solid experience working within Windows and Linux environments.
- Python automation experience - highly desirable.
- Low-latency environment experience - desirable.
This low-latency electronic exchange provider is expanding due to the continued success across the equities and FX markets, their are a number of key projects the Senior Network Engineer can be part of. The Senior Network Engineer Benefits package is excellent, this includes: Superb bonus, private medical insurance, contributory pension, free gym membership, 25 days holiday, free breakfast and lunch.