Job Role: Project Management
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, United Kingdom
Salary: £70,000 - £85,000 pa
Start Date: 20/11/2020
Job Reference: MM-00002191
Site Reliability Engineer – Linux – Python – Electronic Trading - London – Opportunity to be part of a projects based team automating electronic trading processes across this global organisation. The Site Reliability Engineer goal will be to utilise their experience to support and automate the organisations core platform and support on-premise servers and surrounding infrastructure technology stack.
The Site Reliability Engineer will:
- Work as part of a team to automate a global electronic trading platform.
- Work with a projects team to improve platform functionality and reliability.
- Manage deployment of software
- Working directly with software engineering teams to improve trader experience.
- Write, implement and support automation scripts
- Maintenance an investigation of software bugs
- Assisting team to resolve build/deployment issues
- Monitor system health – use sophisticated techniques to resolve errors and outages
The Site Reliability Engineer will have:
- A degree in STEM related subject.
- Highly proficient using Python.
- Proven Scripting experience.
- Solid SQL Server experience.
- Excellent Linux/Unix experience.
- Puppet – Salt – Jenkins experience.
- Systems administration experience.
- Experience supporting software within a financial services environment.
Why apply for this Site Reliability Engineer position – Great scope to work in a core projects agile team, work for a business that benefits from market volatility, assist the company with the adoption of automation and SRE, gain experience working on a high performance electronic trading platform, work for a business offering bonuses circa 30-40%, 10% pension contribution, 28 days holiday, private medical cover, life insurance.