Desktop Support Specialist - 12 month contract position – Inside IR35 - Bloomberg - Windows 7- Windows 10 - AD, VMWare - (Financial Services experience is required for this position) - London. Interviews to be conducted via video conference. A Leading technology-driven equities brokerage has a requirement for a Desktop Support Specialist for their infrastructure team. This role will involve supporting around 500 internal users across the business and provide 2nd line support for software and hardware related issues.
The Desktop Support Specialist will:
- Work with front-office, middle and back-office departments across the business providing desktop support for software, and hardware.
- Windows 7 and Windows 10 support.
- At present email and telephone-based support is being undertake, once government restrictions and safe working conditions are in place further onsite desktop support will be undertaken.
- Active Directory administration, Disaster Recovery testing, and VMWare based support.
- Basic network support will be undertaken.
- Monitor and suggest ways to improve user experience.
- Market data support – Bloomberg.
- Be available for shift based rota: 7:00am - 6:00pm - rotated across Desktop Services team.
The Desktop Support Specialist will need:
·At least five years commercial desktop support experience.
·Commercial Windows 7 and Windows 10 experience.
·Hardware and software support experience.
·Active Directory experience.
·Market Data experience – Bloomberg
·Disaster Recovery testing experience.
·VMWare experience – Is required.
·SCCM experience – Is required.
·Experience configuring, monitoring and support of business-critical systems ideally within the financial services sector.
The Desktop Support Specialist will become an influential member of the team to help and improve infrastructure and desktop support across the business. The Financial Services organisation have a number of infrastructure based projects the Desktop Support Engineer will be part of.