Job Role: Infrastructure & Support
Job Type: Permanent
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £50,000 - £650,000 pa
Start Date: 19/02/2021
Job Reference: MM-00002266
Trading Operations Engineer – Front Office - Support Traders and Real-time Electronic environments. A Global investment banking group seeks to hire a Trading Operations Engineer in London for the expanding front office trade support team. The client is a major player within the investment banking community, proving sophisticated low-latency trading environments to their users, processes billions of trades daily. This is a very fast paced environment so the successful individual will need to be calm under pressure. The Individual will work with internal traders and external prime brokerage clients. Fantastic opportunity for a Trading Operations Engineer to work with front-office traders, gain extensive equities asset class experience.
The Trading Operations Engineer will be responsible for:
- Support Front office Traders
- Monitor low latency high frequency trading applications
- Troubleshoot basic FIX connectivity issues - FIX Tags
- Algorithmic trade support
- Work with front-office users to provide 1st – 3rd level support dealing with complex real-time trading issues
- Develop longstanding relationships with senior stakeholders within institutional clients.
The Trading Operations Engineer will need to have:
- An understanding of common trading strategies.
- Front Office Experience.
- Ideally Equities experience but other Asset Classes considered.
- FIX Protocol – FIX connectivity support experience is required.
- Market Data – Real-time Data feeds experience desirable.
Their cutting-edge trading low-latency environment is second to none and the Trading Operations Engineer will work within a fast paced environment with front-office users. This role will offer opportunities to manage projects, lead project teams and work with highly sophisticated trading solutions.