Job Role: Infrastructure & Support
Job Type: Permanent
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 pa
Start Date: 19/02/2021
Job Reference: MM-00002267
Linux Support Engineer– Linux – Scripting – Financial Trading platform - London. Interviews are being conducted via remote video conferencing. Opportunity to work on interesting automation / DevOps projects. Miller Maxwell is assisting a market leading electronic trading organisation working across both buy-side and sell-side environments. They seek an experienced Linux Support Engineer to join their infrastructure and engineering team. The organisation is a highly profitable traditional financial trading organisation offering sophisticated electronic trading environment to their experienced team.
The Linux Support Engineer will be responsible for:
- Join a team providing s software support for the business.
- Maintaining and supporting environments of both servers and client applications.
- Adopting and implementing new technologies to improve and automate manual tasks.
- Resolve complex systems and operational issues in a time pressured environment.
- Work within a split BAU and project-based environment.
- Partner with internal QA and Development teams to automate tasks.
- Monitor systems and performance and automated tasks.
- Keeping the service desk fully informed of changes and tests to be carried out once systems changes have been deployed
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records
Linux Support Engineer skill requirements:
- A degree in a STEM related subject.
- 2 years commercial software - technical support experience within the financial domain.
- Knowledge managing and working with Linux is essential.
- Knowledge of SQL Server - desirable
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Linux Support Engineer to join an industry leading provider of real-time trading systems who are rapidly expanding due to the great success of their products. The Linux Support Engineer will be working in state-of-the-art offices in the heart of the city of London for a company offering a highly competitive bonus scheme and benefits package.