Job Role: Development & Programming
Job Type: Permanent
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £65,000 - £80,000 pa
Start Date: 19/02/2021
Job Reference: MM-00002269
DevOps Engineer – Linux – Python – Electronic Trading - London – Remote interviewing, Onboarding and remote working in place. Opportunity to be part of a projects based team automating electronic trading processes across this global organisation. The DevOps Engineer goal will be to utilise their experience to support and automate the organisation core platform and surrounding systems such as surveillance, order management and execution management software.
The DevOps Engineer will:
- Work as part of a team to automate a global electronic trading platform.
- Work with a projects team to improve platform functionality and reliability.
- Manage deployment of software
- Working directly with software engineering teams to improve trader experience.
- Write, implement and support automation scripts
- Maintenance an investigation of software bugs
- Assisting team to resolve build/deployment issues
- Monitor system health – use sophisticated techniques to resolve errors and outages
The DevOps Engineer will have:
- A degree in STEM related subject.
- Highly proficient using Python.
- Proven Scripting experience.
- Solid SQL Server experience.
- Excellent Linux experience.
- Puppet – Chef – Jenkins experience.
- Experience supporting software within a financial services environment.
Why apply for this DevOps Engineering position – Great scope to work in a core projects agile team, work for a business that benefits from market volatility, assist the company with the adoption of automation and SRE, gain experience working on a high performance electronic trading platform, work for a business offering bonuses circa 30-40%, 10% pension contribution, 28 days holiday, private medical cover, life insurance.