Job Role: Infrastructure & Support
Job Type: Permanent
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £22,000 - £28,000 pa
Start Date: 23/04/2021
Job Reference: MM-00002290
SysOps Engineer – AWS – Cloud – SaaS - Unix - Linux - London. Remote working and remote OnBoarding. Miller Maxwell has partnered with provider of Data Analytics technology. The organisation operates as a provider and distributor of enriched decision-based market data, operating as a key provider to several blue-chip organisations. They seek to hire a SysOps Engineer to join an ever growing need to automate process and data flows.
The SysOps Engineer will:
- Manage deployment of software applications.
- Work on new deployments of new products being released in 2021.
- Support clients with on-going software issues.
- Maintenance of Setup of AWS instances
- Liaise with development and infrastructure teams to implement future strategy.
- Monitor system health – use sophisticated techniques to resolve errors and outages.
- Work closely with Senior SysOps Engineer and head of IT with ongoing training and personal development.
The SysOps Engineer will need to have:
- Be educated to HND or Degree level in IT / Science / Engineering related subject.
- 2 + years IT experience.
- Experience of Cloud AWS.
- Database experience – SQL Server – MySQL or Oracle.
- Experience working with Linux / Unix technology environment OR Windows environment considered.
The SysOps Engineer can gain in-depth knowledge of cloud AWS technology, be fully trained on software support – SaaS technology with 1-2-1 training from senior members of the team. The SysOps Engineer will be able to introduce, research and contribute to the clients innovative cloud-based technology stack.