Job Role: Infrastructure & Support
Job Type: Permanent
Location: City of London , London
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 pa
Start Date: 21/09/2021
Job Reference: MM-00002345
Infrastructure Specialist – London – Windows – PowerShell – automation – Azure. Interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely. WFH until Jan 2022, individuals must be highly motivated to move into infrastructure automation and Cloud based environments. This Technology driven Asset Management organisation with over £60 billion under management seeks to hire an experienced Infrastructure Support Engineer for an expanding automation team in London. Opportunity to be part of a team assisting with the implementation of automation across the IT infrastructure working with PowerShell technology and newly adopted tools for the company such as; Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes but client is open to introducing open source technology also.
The Infrastructure Specialist will:
- Work as part of an infrastructure support team supporting live production environment.
- Cloud and on-premises environment – Lots of exposure to Azure Cloud – Automation – DevOps projects.
- Lead automation-based projects assisting with the client further adoption of new cloud based solutions.
- Provide 3rd line support for BAU and chance requests from the business.
- Provide technical guidance to change and delivery teams.
- Design, configure and maintain IT infrastructure services across the business.
- Be hands on supporting high level infrastructure issues – Server and Automation related issues.
The Infrastructure Specialist will have:
- 5 years Windows platform infrastructure experience.
- Solid Windows Server 2016 – 2019
- Cloud Platform experience – essential – Azure –API Management, AWS
- Solid Backup and Recovery experience – Azure Backup – AD Recovery Manager.
- Configuration Management experience – SSCM.
- Automation experience – PowerShell – Azure DevOps
- Experience of on-premise infrastructure as well as Cloud – PaaS, SaaS – IaaS.
- Financial services experience is desirable but not essential
The client seeks an Infrastructure Specialist that can bring new ideas and research new technology that will improve reliability on infrastructure whilst assisting with the implementation of automation procedures across the business. The Asset Manager has invested significantly in technology across their business and there is scope to move into business analysis or architecture as the team develops. Please contact Miller Maxwell for further information regarding this exciting Infrastructure Specialist opportunity