Job Role: Infrastructure & Support
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, England
Salary: £150,000 - £175,000 pa
Start Date: 12/10/2021
Job Reference: MM-00002373
Global Head of UNIX Infrastructure - Unix – Global organisation within the financial services sector seeks to hire a Head of Infrastructure to manage a global team across Hong Kong, New York, and London. The Head of Infrastructure will be fundamental to a major transformation programme migrating UNIX services to AWS cloud services across the business. The Head of Infrastructure will also take responsibility for influencing UNIX infrastructure services globally.
The Global Head of Unix Infrastructure will:
- Manage globally distributed team.
- Provide leadership to delivery highly reliable infrastructure services across the business.
- Manage the migration of UNIX services to AWS and implement support strategy.
- Help to delivery reliable, scalable and secure service-based architectures and tools.
- Hire and retail talent as the team expands.
- Adopt and building global monitoring capabilities that harmonise with application monitoring solutions.
- Shape UNIX infrastructure technology road map.
- Influence stakeholders.
The Global Head of Unix Infrastructure will need to have:
- A degree in a STEM related subject.
- Proven engineering experience managing a global UNIX infrastructure team.
- Experience of automation
- Experience migrating, adopting and implementing cloud AWS solutions
- Experience of cloud computing with good understanding of scalability, security and server-less architecture.
- Experience working with senior stakeholders.
The Global Head of UNIX Infrastructure will have the opportunity to join a company renowned for investment in staff and technology innovation. There are several key solutions being created and the Head of UNIX Infrastructure can influence, own and drive the solutions forward – great opportunity to be part of something exciting and entrepreneurial. Total comp package £220,000 to £250,000.