Job Role: Infrastructure & Support
Job Type: Permanent
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £150,000 - £170,000 pa
Start Date: 19/11/2021
Job Reference: MM-00002405
UNIX Infrastructure Manager – DevOps – Grafana – Prometheus – AWS – London - Remote interviewing, remote working, and onboarding. Opportunity to lead a global infrastructure team and take full autonomy for adoption of cloud and automation across a global infrastructure. The client is an international investment banking organisation operating on a global basis. Their investment in technology innovation has resulted in numerous awards for their high performance, low-latency trading software.
The Unix Infrastructure Manager’s goal is improving speed, efficiency, and ability to outperform their clients. There is a significant budget in place to grow the team so the Unix Infrastructure Manager will be key to hiring and mentoring members of the team.
The Unix Infrastructure Manager will:
- Manage a globally distributed team across London, Singapore and New York.
- Assist with continued improvement of Unix infrastructure environment.
- Adopt and implement new technology between regions to enable features that fit geographical requirements.
- Build standardised monitoring tools that can be used internationally across departments.
- Work closely with software engineering teams to introduce and improve environment.
- Work with internal stakeholders across departments to inform of changes and improvements being made.
The Unix Infrastructure Manager will have:
- A degree in STEM related subject.
- Proven UNIX Infrastructure experience.
- Experience managing a team.
- Experience of on-premise and cloud based environments.
- Proven Ansible experience.
- Experience of Grafana
- Experience of Prometheus.
- Cloud technology experience –AWS
- Problem Solving Attitude.
- Work independently and as part of a team
This Unix Infrastructure Manager will suit a hands-on individual that wishes to be hands on but also capable of leading a team, the internal investment business will give full backing to the Unix Infrastructure manager full autonomy across the department. Comp package in region on £230,000 to £250,000.