Job Role: Infrastructure & Support
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, England
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000 pa
Start Date: 19/05/2022
Job Reference: MM-00002511
Desktop Support Engineer – Windows –London. An expanding Equities based Financial Services Group seeks to hire a Desktop Support Engineer for their infrastructure team. The client is ideally looking for someone with 3-4 years commercial experience for this position. The role will see the Desktop Support Engineer supporting users across the business. The Desktop Support Engineer will provide 2nd line support for all desktop related software and hardware, whilst providing basic networking and project-based support for new initiatives starting later in 2022.
The Desktop Support Engineer will:
- Work with users across the business providing desktop support for applications, software, and hardware.
- Windows 7 and Windows 10 support.
- Take ownership for improvement of implementing approved Onboarding procedures.
- Desktop Rig - Hardware builds.
- Office365 support.
- Mobile device management – MDM.
- Active Directory administration, Disaster Recovery testing,
- Basic network support – patching, network cable support.
- Monitor and suggest ways to improve user experience.
The Desktop Support Engineer will need:
The Desktop Support Engineer will become an influential member of the team to help and improve infrastructure and desktop support across the business. There will be scope to be involved in automation and DevOps
- No more than 4 years commercial desktop support experience.
- Commercial Windows 7 - 10 experience.
- Windows Server
- Commercial Office365 experience.
- Mac O/S – Unix or Linux experience.
- Solid Active Directory – Group Policy experience.
- SCCM - MDM – mobile device management experience – desirable.
- Scripting experience using PowerShell highly beneficial.
- Hardware and software support experience.
- Experience configuring, monitoring and support of business-critical environments ideally within the financial services sector.