Job Role: Infrastructure & Support
Job Type: Permanent
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £60,000 - £75,000 pa
Start Date: 23/04/2021
Job Reference: MM-00002289
Technical Operations Support Engineer required to support low-latency trading infrastructure environment and platform, working both internally and externally for this highly reputable, technology driven Multilateral Trading Facility (MTF) from their London office. Working as part of a newly formed team the Technical Operations Engineer will take responsibility for shaping and influencing technical operations across this business. The Technical Operations Support Engineer will not only gain valuable experience working with high performance low-latency trading and market data solutions they will also be given the responsibility to bring new tech and implement strategy.
The Technical Operations Support Engineer will:
- Resolve technical issues by internal clients and work closely with third party software providers.
- Monitor trading platform, underlying infrastructure environment and exchange connections.
- Identify and resolve implementation issues.
- Adopt and implement automation and monitoring tools where appropriate.
- Write basic scripts using tools such as Python.
- Work closely with key stakeholders across engineering, infrastructure and operations teams.
- Be involved in several projects taking place in 2021 and beyond.
The Technical Operations Support Engineer will have:
- A degree in a STEM related subject.
- Proven Operational technology support in a high-performance environment.
- Experience of monitoring tools.
- Experience of configuration tools such as – Ansible – Chef or Puppet – TeamCity.
- Proven Linux/Unix experience.
- Proven Scripting and automation experience ideally using Python.
- Previous experience within a financial services organisation preferred but not essential.
The working environment is dynamic, technology driven and highly innovative. The Technical Operations Support Engineer must be able to work alone as well as working closely with senior stakeholders. Benefits include: Highly competitive bonus, life insurance, private medical, wellness package, fully paid lunch/dinner, 26 days holiday, gym membership, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme.